Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Kindness of Strangers

Yesterday, I was headed into town on the ferry-- at least I thought so, but when I got to Larkspur the ferry was sold out. Not sure what I was going to do-- parking in the city is ridiculously expensive-- a woman in a nearby car said "Anyone going to the financial district? I'm driving there." And that was exactly where I was going! I hopped in her car and she took me just blocks away from the Ca Board of Equalization. I walked briskly to that office and a businesslike woman rushed through my application for a sales license. so now, I can buy food for the Jon Pon ride wholesale! Of course, I will have to pay resale tax, but it's still cheaper than buying all that food retail. So that means more wonderful food and perhaps even a little more into my Lifecycle account.

Saturday is Day on the Ride and since Jerry and I have not ridden in three weeks I'm nervous about an 80 mile ride, but after a chat with my Cycle Buddy, Jo, I feel better. She said the 40 mile ride is the same route, so if we need to turn around early, no problem. We may be able to do the longer ride, but knowing we have an alternative put my mind at ease.

No comments: