Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tiburon Loop and Bread Pudding

You'd think by now we'd be tired of Tiburon Loop, but we took a different route, at least initially this time-- we headed around Roque Morais, or as I call it, Croque Monsieur. We hadn't ridden that stretch for a while, so it seemed new and fun.

Tib Loop is not the most challenging route we ride, but it was a great day to really stretch out on the flats and rollers. We continue to build speed and Jerry and I felt particularly in synch. It was a brisk, sunny day and getting out in the clean air felt wonderful. We were definitely chilly in the shade, but our speed kept us moving into the sun.

We thought we might meet up with an ALC training ride, but we didn't see anyone until we were actually close to finishing our ride. They probably took a different route-- down Blithedale instead of Croque Monsieur. I like our route better.

Since we weren't riding with ALC'ers, we didn't feel obligated to go to Shark's deli, the usual stopping place for training rides. The stop used to be a coffee shop in downtown Tiburon, but a training ride leader felt dissed by them because they stopped putting out a big crock of water, so she unilaterally changed the stop venue. In reality, I really don't like Shark's. I don't like the food and on a chilly day there is only outside seating, and I wanted to be inside and cozy.

So we stopped at the formerly sanctioned stop whose name I forget. But they have inside seating, great coffee, and I discovered that they have wonderful bread pudding. I think they must make it from leftover cinnamon rolls. It's not too sweet, but it's crusty and has just the right amount of egg and milk. It's served room temperature and it was the perfect snack.

We shared a table with two other cyclists and had a nice chat with them. They were younger and definitely more fit than we are, but they didn't look down their nose at us and seemed to enjoy the chat. It was a time that I wished I had our ALC cards with our donor site on it. We've got to get those made. I have yet to raise a dime and need to get on the stick.

When we arrived home I was in a far better mood than when I had left. I've got lots on my mind and really needed a ride to clear out the negative thoughts and troubles. And the bread pudding didn't hurt, either.

No comments: