Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Dashing through...

the streets of San Francisco for a Christmas Day ride with the Velo Girls. We started at Golden Gate Park, then on to the Embarcadero, and eventually made our way around Lake Merced.

Jerry and I ended up doing a lot of the ride by ourselves. It seems that the leaders didn't always follow the route sheet, and for that matter, some of the directions on the sheet were wrong. And besides, we found a nice little cafe open, so Jerry had hot chocolate and I had a cappuccino. I ran into a former UCSF colleague at the cafe. I told him I didn't need to hear how things were at UCSF; I have already heard what a disaster things are. He, like so many others, is looking for another place to work.

When we got home Jerry and I made a large pot of beans and rice with chicken sausage, onions, salsa, tomatoes and garlic. We were starving so it tasted especially good. We made enough to freeze a couple of yogurt containers.

1 comment:

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

hey, Carol! it was great to meet you and Jerry yesterday. yeah, I guess we need to look at that turn sheet after 9 years.....

we waited for you at the palace of the legion of honor but you guys never showed up. I guess that's when you found the cafe?

happy holiday!

Lorri