Tuesday, January 1, 2008

First ride of the year

The first north bay ALC training ride left out of Sports Basement this morning for a brisk ride to Mill Valley. I threw on lots of layers and actually got too warm, for the first time.
Edna, another rider, has recently started Weight Watchers, and it is inspiring me to get back on the wagon. I have gained back about 10 of the 40 pounds I lost, and I know I can do it. So, the scale is out and I'll start weighing portions again.
The other thing that will mean is that when I bake, it will likely be chocolate so I won't be tempted.
The ride today was only 22 miles, but it had the aftereffect of a lingering hunger. I mainly stuck with healthy foods but I know I need to get the lingering remnants of holiday baking out of the house... and soon.

No comments: