Saturday, March 22, 2008

Blazing Saddles and wheatberries

I think every rental bike in San Francisco was on the road today. And most of them were crossing the Golden Gate Bridge at the same time as Jerry and me. I suppose I'm a riding snob but those folks, along with super duper speed riders who aren't polite, drive me nuts. Both groups are unsafe and range from annoying to oh my God, get off the road.
But enough of that. We rode from Sports Basement to Lagunitas today. A nice ride, though a bit of a struggle. Jerry's muscles were still sore from skiing, and mine were just plain underused for the last two weeks. So, we worked hard today.
Lunch at Lagunitas was a wheatberry salad, which was very nice once I picked out all the cilantro. I hate cilantro. It is evil.

Last week, instead of bicycling, Jerry went skiing in Santa Fe, and I went eating in Santa Fe. And I found a couple of great second hand stores and bought two lovely ceramic pots which look wonderful in our living room. I did a lot of walking, so I didn't gain any weight, but I admit I ate and drank more than usual. My favorite restaurant was Bistro 315-- a lovely little French-influenced spot. I had squash soup and mussels. Jerry had a very nicely done duck breast. We were with James, Jerry's son, and Brad, James's stepfather. The three of them skied while I played in the city. And ate.

I had a wonderful talk with Gabo, a Pos Ped today. We are going to work on a very interesting project together. For now, it's a secret, but I can tell you, it's going to be lots of fun.

1 comment:

Jack said...

I'm sorry you don't like cilantro - I was not aware that quite a few people are allergic to it - so from now on I will put it on the side - so the people who like it can add it.

Rider 1796