Sunday, March 30, 2008

Treyf

I ate a pork chop today. I don't think I'd ever had one before. I'm not sure what possessed me to order it, but it's true, I had ridden a 40-something mile ride, been to the ALC expo, went to a restaurant quite hungry, and there it was.
It was accompanied by greens and polenta. It was all really good, but now I feel as if there is a bowling ball in my stomach. Was it the pork? Or was it the sheer amount of food I consumed?
The ride was pretty nice, though chilly at times. We left from Golden Gate Park and rode around Paradise Loop. We stopped in Tiburon. I got a cappucino and finished yesterday's sticky bun. yum.
Jerry and I continue to ride strong. We came back and meandered around the Expo for a while. Was hoping to find a pair of matching jerseys, but no luck.
Then, an early dinner as described above.
Jerry's going away tomorrow for a couple of days, and I'm going to try to clean up my eating habits. Too much fat, too many carbs. I need to lose some weight. It will make cranking the tandem up hills a bit easier.

1 comment:

harmolodic said...

I so rarely eat pork chops. I don't think I've ever had one that was 100% satisfying. They are quite dense, so I'd presume the pork chop morphed into a bowling ball.