Saturday, March 1, 2008

Ode to Camino Alto

We rode from Sports Basement to Fairfax today, which included both sides of Camino Alto as well as the Sausalito Hill.
Jerry and I were toiling up the front side of Camino Alto, and we started to compose a poem.
Camino Alto, a hill to ride to be with nature
One with the trees and birds, sun and sky
and heaving lungs
cramping thighs,
burning crotch...

That's as far as we got. But I think you get the idea. I felt like I was coming down with a cold, and the ride across the Golden Gate was tough. My lungs felt like they were on fire, but miraculously, the longer I rode the better I felt.

After the ride we went to our favorite San Rafael lunch spot, Theresa and Johnny's Comfort Food Cafe. I splurged on a tuna melt. Figured I'd earned the calories...

No comments: