Saturday, February 23, 2008

Rain and cookie crumbs

Once again, a rainy weekend and no riding. Jerry and I will try to get out during the week.
Yesterday, I baked pistachio shortbreads with some success. The dough was to be chilled in logs, cut and baked, but I must not have rolled the logs well because they crumbled. So, I let the dough get to room temp, formed balls and flattened them. The cookies came out fine and I think I will do another batch like that.

On the ALC front, my fundraising is nonexistent. I kind of don't get it. I have sent letters and I think my friends know how important this is, but with the exception of two people, no donations. If I were employed and rolling in dough it wouldn't matter-- I'd give all the money myself, but that's going to be a heck of a stretch this year.
I'm going to have to get awfully creative with fundraising.
Wonder how those guys standing on street corners do...

No comments: