Wednesday, August 27, 2008

No Riding, No Eating

One might ask how in the world an endoscopy could be related to riding, but oddly it is. I had an endoscopy yesterday because when I ride, my usual everyday garden variety of heartburn takes on epic proportions. I won't wander into TMI territory, but let's just say it's really become unpleasant and it's affecting my level of hydration.
So off to the gastroenterologist I went. He's about 12 and a very pleasant fellow. We discussed his recent trip to Krakow before he put me under.
Turns out I have a hiatal hernia. Not totally sure what that is, but after I look it up on the web I'm sure I'll scare the hell out of myself. I go back to Doogie Howser in a month and get more details and see if we can make all of this better. In the meantime, it's a double dose of prilosec for me.

This week, Jerry hopes to finish rebuilding the new tandem so we may be able to ride it this weekend. We will also take a spin on our single bikes, and I'm really looking forward to that. Amazing, considering I dreaded even looking at that bike for the last year. Thank you, Lorri Lee Lown and the VeloGirls!

The new tandem is blue, so we can no longer refer to ourselves as the Green Machine. Any ideas for a new team name would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: