Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our 15 minutes

Better late than never, Jerry and I were featured in the Marinscope papers, about doing the AIDS ride on a tandem. Here's a link to the article: http://marinscope.com/newspointer/subpage.php?story=Mn2
It doesn't explain anywhere that this is our attire for Red Dress Day. I hope readers don't think we dress like that every day on the ride!
This weekend, we rode up to Lagunitas for lunch, and compared to recent rides, it was a the cliched piece of cake. So much had to do with the temperature. It was sunny and beautiful, but not the unbearable heat of recent weekends. We had a lovely ride. After getting home and showering, we headed to our favorite Comfort Food Cafe and ate many more calories than we burned off.

We were successful bidders on a one-year-old Co-motion tandem frame, and it should arrive this week. We'll be tandemless for several days until Jerry finishes rebuilding the new one, so probably no tandeming this weekend. I will ride on Saturday, though. I'm taking a basic bike skills class the Velo Girls offer. After crashing a year ago, I'm still afraid to ride my single, so my hope is this class will get me over my fears. Who knows, maybe I'll be confident enough to ride on Sunday!

1 comment:

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Carol, you realize the clinic is on SUNDAY, right?