Friday, December 26, 2008

Chinese Food, Popcorn and Paradise

Christmas is over and I, for one, am glad of it. Not that I had any expectations. As a Jewish girl, I don't celebrate it anyway, but I just get tired of the "air" around this holiday. The rampant consumerism wears me out.
But this year, with no family to contend with, Jerry and I had a peaceful Christmas Day. We went out to lunch for Chinese food and had popcorn for dinner. I had given a friend a television, and in return he gave us a huge can of three flavors of popcorn. Since Jerry and I love popcorn anyway, it was a real treat. We climbed into bed with the popcorn and Cabernet, and we watched "Man on Wire."

"Man on Wire" is about Philip Pettit, who wire-walked between the two World Trade Center buildings in New York. It was a very interesting and in some ways, sad, movie. After the ordeal, Pettit really took to fame and his best friend and his longtime girlfriend were left behind.

The day after Christmas, today, was cold and clear. Jerry and I put on lots of layers and headed to Mike's Bikes to join an ALC Training ride that went around the Paradise Loop. It felt good to ride today. I recently got a fleece neck warmer and it was perfect. I pulled it over my chin and nose when I needed it.

We did our usual stop at Shark's Deli. I stop about a block or two pre-Shark's for a cappucino. Jerry had tea and we hit the road again. The next stop was Peets in Corte Madera.

I had a good chat with one of the other riders there. She is, like me, looking for work, so we are going to share out networks.

With all the time I have on my hand you would think I would be writing more than this blog. I am thinking about starting another blog on another topic, yet to be determined. Once I figure out what else I want to write about. I'll start.

No comments: