Saturday, March 28, 2009

Good Advice and Peanut Butter Candy

Jerry and I went to the ALC Expo today. It was great to be surrounded by cyclists, even if we aren't riding. I had peanut butter candy to deliver and a wind trainer to pick up, so I had to go, but since Jerry felt good enough to go, that was encouraging.

I dropped him off and parked the car a few blocks away, toting my cooler of candy. I had three pounds ordered, but brought along some extra just in case. That was good because I sold all I brought with me. The peanut butter candy was really messy and more difficult to make than the peppermint bark, so I'm not making any more, but it did raise a little money for the ride.

We really don't know what Jerry's ultimate ride prognosis will be, but Russ, our cycle buddy had good advice-- if Jerry can ride by that time, no matter how much or little we have trained, we ought to go. We'll ride as much as we can and enjoy Utopia for a week. We'll be amongst friends and get back to camp early. We have ridden every single mile the last two years, so we don't really have anything to prove.

As long as Jerry is able to ride by then, we'll do it. If he's able to ride a couple weeks before the ride, we'll train, and who knows, we may be able to do more than we think we can.

So for now, I'll concentrate on raising funds for the ride and keeping Jerry's spirits up and making sure he doesn't overdo.

No comments: