Tuesday, March 31, 2009

When the going gets tough...

the not so tough bake bread. I made two loaves yesterday. The house was filled with a delicious aroma, but that did only so much to make us feel better.

Jerry will have surgery on his clavicle on Friday. I feel pretty good about that part. The surgeon has good credentials and I spoke to another orthopaedist friend who knows him, and he said he's a good guy.

But it's the recovery that is troubling. I know the AIDS ride is just "a ride," but it means so much to us. We will be a part of it, no matter what, but it's hard for me to imagine not riding. My ortho friend said Jerry might be able to ride on the back of the tandem, but I don't know if I have the strength or confidence to be the one in the front. I have contacted Lorri Lee Lown of Velogirls to see if I can get some coaching.

So much is in the air. We are both pretty depressed. Maybe I better go make some coffee cake.

No comments: