Friday, July 3, 2009

Fairfax, Tiburon Loop and Meat Loaf

Seismic Challenge is beginning its training rides, and Jerry and I have been riding with them. Today we did a 45-mile ride-- first out to Fairfax, and then Tiburon Loop on the way back.

The quads are still strong and our speed is still up, though we started to drag on the way back. We lost a lot of our zip on Sausalito Hill. Jerry jokes that we should have kept the trike to ride a month before AIDS Lifecycle. It did get us in great shape.

I hope the couple that bought it really enjoys it. I, for one, was not sorry to see it go.

But, as far as today's ride went, it was great to do, but we were both happy when it was over. It did tire us out. At our stop in Tiburon, I wasn't really hungry, but I had a Luna Bar. That being said, when I got home, I was ready to eat.

I had made a turkey meatloaf the other day, so I had leftovers for lunch. To the turkey, I added an egg, garlic some matzoh meal and some pinjur, which is similar to ajvar. It gave the meatloaf some zip. I heated the leftovers in the microwave and wrapped it in a tortilla. I had some tortilla chips with it, and I ate too many. There wasn't enough to save but I really ate too many. I'm feeling it now.

I hope Jerry and I can keep riding at least once a week. Our quads are strong and I'd like to keep them that way.

No comments: