Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Recumbent trikes and Mediterranean Chicken

I think Jerry and I have solved our AIDS Lifecycle problem. We will do the ride on a recumbent tandem, either two-wheeler or trike. We are leaning toward a trike because of its stability-- it would be pretty awful if Jerry landed on his newly plated and screwed shoulder.

Now the task is finding one that won't bankrupt us. We are hoping to track down a used one, but even if we don't, we figure we can sell it after the ride. Unless of course, we fall in love with it, but somehow I think we will want to go back to our Co-motion.

And tonight, I did a trial run of the chicken dish I am going to make for the Jon Pon ride. It's marinated boneless chicken breasts with olives, prunes, capers, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic and olive oil. I served it with couscous. I need to up the spices-- more red wine vinegar and more garlic. I also need to do something to dress up the couscous. At the very least, parsley. But maybe toasted pine nuts.

No comments: