Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Big Crate and More Coffee Cake

I didn't hear the door bell ring, or the knocking, but thank goodness I heard the phone. Jerry called to tell me to open the garage. The delivery person had his number, so he called him when no one answered. Gotta have that doorbell, or my hearing, checked.

With a great deal of difficulty, the guy put the huge wooden crate on the lift and lowered it to the street. He pushed it into the garage. I ripped off one end of the plywood, and there it was. In two pieces and odds and ends tied down. But there it was.

When Jerry got home I crawled in the crate and unclipped the ties holding it down. We ripped off the other end of the plywood and slid out the two pieces. Without too much difficulty, we threaded the two pieces together.

It is not 11 feet long, as Jerry had claimed, but it IS long. We both took turns sitting in it, and yes, I will admit, it's comfy.

We took some photos and had some beans and rice I had cooked, and some coffee cake. I changed the recipe I had used just a few days ago. I added more cinnamon, less white sugar, more brown sugar, and I made it in a half sheet pan. It worked well and it's good.

Jerry is in the garage fiddling with the bike. Knowing him, he is getting the chain on without taking the bike apart-- probably splitting the chain to get it on.

I cannot wait to ride it.

No comments: