Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tiburon Loop and Wet Tuna

Wet tuna sounds like something one of my cats would eat, but it was actually the name of the sandwich I had for lunch at Comfort Food Cafe. Jerry and I went to lunch there after riding around Tiburon Loop. It was a very pleasant ride. The more we ride the trike, the more we are becoming comfortable with it.

But the wet tuna sandwich. It was on a foccacia roll that was toasted and had olive oil on it. The tuna was mixed with a light vinaigrette, capers, tomatoes, olives and roasted red peppers. It was wonderful. I'm sure I could replicate it at home.

Jerry and I won't be riding this weekend because we are cooking for the Jon Pon Memorial Ride. There will be around 150 to cook for. I've rented a kitchen for eight hours prior to the ride so I can get as much prep done as possible. The kitchen at Cassini Ranch, where the campers spend the night, is a disaster. The ovens don't work properly and there are no pots and pans to use. But we make due and turn out two great meals. Looking forward to it, and looking forward to finishing up early enough on Sunday to get in a ride.

No comments: