Wednesday, April 15, 2009

No Trike and Cheap Indian Food

Well, it's Wednesday and still no trike. I'm home, and I keep waiting for a truck to pull up to unload the behemoth that will take us down the coast to LA. Jerry and I are getting quite impatient about its arrival. When, when, when.

Jerry saw his orthopaedist this week who took out the stitches and gave him some very gentle exercises to do. He's still in the sling 24 hours a day,though he got to remove the bolster that sat between his sore ribs and his arm, so he's a bit more comfortable. He can also take it off when he drives, which he's just been allowed to do, so my chauffeur duties have ended.

This past weekend, as we were out in our car and saw some ALC cyclists on their way to China Camp, our pain and longing to be with them was almost palpable. I cannot wait to get back on a tandem-- any tandem. Some day, after I train again with Lorri Lee Lown of Velo Girls, I might even long to get back on a single bike.

I have cooked next to nothing, except for baking a couple of loaves of bread this week. Last night I was queen of the microwave. I recently got a boxed set of Indian food at Trader Joe's. It had rice, Dal and a peas and potato dish. I threw in some chicken and it really was not bad. It was good one-handed food for Jerry, so for the first time in a while, we had an actual dinner.

I'm still obsessing about Jon Pon. I'm not worried-- I just keep running recipe ideas through my head. I'm really looking forward to it. It's such a great weekend. Once it's over, though, I'll start obsessing about the ride, and that will involve some worry. But I keep reminding myself, we'll try as hard as we can, and that's what it's all about.

No comments: